Florence was incredible. It was a completely different piece of Italy. It idealistic, it was the disney world of the boot country. The buildings are painted in tacky colors but tower over you like you wouldn't imagine. The prices rose and the bartering did as well. I even bought a genuine leather jacket, and before everyone freaks out, its amazing and I did VERY well for myself with the price. I found some incredible stylish, a bit punky, leather gloves in a rich yellow color and besides that I stopped. I did go a little crazy on your gift dad which was purchased in Florence as well as a gift for you Nani, your going to LOVE it. The vendors are also MUCH more pushy in Florence. If you even motion your eyes to something in their stand you have to apologize or say "Basta" to get them to stop hassling you. It was a bit exhausting.
We were also able to see all three of the famous David's. First the Bronze, gold gilded version who wore a shepards hat, next the younger version that stood over the head of Galieth wearing a skirt and tank top and lastly, most incredibly, Michaelangelo's David. All in while marble, nude standing almost 18ft tall. Magnificent. He's appears as a teenager, holding his sling over his shoulder and looking off into the distance as if he is thinking about the feat he just performed. The marble is so incredibly craved that his skin actually looks soft. His veins are protruding from his arms and his every muscle is so detailed that you can almost imagine them in motion.
Florence was truly a wonderful experience but it made me miss home a bit more then I would usually, it further then Rome did. Maybe because it wasn't my home away from home, it was like going on vacation, when your already on vacation. It was tiring.
I am so sorry I can't write more, I have so much homework tonight but I will make a distinct effort to write again this week. I'm sorry, but I love and miss you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment